Non Travel Lateral Flow
Our Non-Travel Lateral Flow test can be used for workplace testing or entertainment/hospitality locations that require proof of negative test for entry.
Please note that these General Testing kits will not be valid or accepted by travel companies for boarding of flights, ferries or trains. These tests do not include the travel certificate required by all travel companies.
If you are travelling, purchase the correct test for your inbound or outbound journey.
What is a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) COVID Antigen test?
Lateral Flow Device (LFD) antigen tests, commonly known as Lateral Flow Test (LFT), look for proteins produced by the COVID virus called antigens. As providers of lateral flow tests, we meet the gov.uk published standards. There is no UKAS accreditation of lateral flow test providers who supply kits for self-swab and self-test. UKAS is not conducting assessment of this activity.
What does the Coronafocus COVID Lateral Flow Antigen Test Package include?
- Packaged self-sample swab
- Packaged SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Cassette
- Extraction liquid buffer tube and dropper tip
- Waste bag
- Kit box which includes a pop out section which converts into a tube holder
- How to complete the self-swab test correctly instructions
- How to upload result photo, for verification and certification instructions
- A simple, easy to use Coronafocus web app (and mobile app coming shortly) to submit results, securely and stress free.
- Clinical team verification and medical signed certificates within 2 hours
- Government accredited testing provider
- CE marked rapid antigen (lateral flow kits) approved by the UK MHRA, DHSC
How does the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test work?
The Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen Test manufactured by ACON uses a gentle nasal swab to take a sample from both nostrils. The swab is inserted into the extraction tube with the extraction fluid and then rotated and pressed to make sure that the sample from the swab is released into the extraction fluid (the swab is then discarded). You take the extraction tube with the nozzle cap and place 4 drops of extraction fluid into the sample well of the LFD testing cassette and check your results after 15 mins and before 30 minutes have passed on the test cassette. Do not read after 30 minutes. Two lines appearing on the cassette indicate a positive test result. One line on the cassette indicates negative or invalid tests (see instructions in kits for more details).
What is the shelf-life of the Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test?
The shelf life of extraction solution is 2 years from manufacture – check box.