What does the Coronafocus Covid-19 PCR Travel Test Package include?
- The kits include packaged self-sample swabs, liquid tubes with unique barcodes, sealable bags and a set of instructions of how to complete the self-swab test correctly and prepaid envelope labels.
- Your PCR positive/negative results are published within 24 hours of us booking your sample into the lab and are viewable in the online customer dashboard.
Gov.uk recommend registering with the NHS app for your COVID Pass before booking international travel or access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website to view, download or print.
How soon can I buy a Coronafocus PCR test before travelling?
You can buy your Coronafocus PCR tests here up to 6 months before travelling. Once a self-sampling Coronafocus swab has been taken, it must be returned by Royal Mail 24 using the prepaid envelope in any Royal Mail priority post box located in every town or hand delivered to our Lab 24/7.
Which test kit do I need?
If you are leaving the UK, then depending on the destination country entry rules you will need a Pre-Travel Fit to Fly PCR or Lateral Flow Device (LFD) Antigen test with a certificate of negative test result.
Does my child need a test?
For children travelling abroad check entry requirements for your destination country. GOV.UK foreign travel advice
How does the Coronafocus self-sampling PCR test work?
Our Covid-19 PCR test looks for the presence of the virus currently in the body, it detects virus RNA in the Coronafocus self-swab sample. We extract the RNA genetic material and copy it into DNA. Now if the virus is there, it is in a DNA form. We put it into a PCR reaction (Polymerase Chain Reaction) that amplifies snippets of DNA and matches these to the viral DNA sequence. The Oncologica Covid-19 PCR test is very specific and accurate. If our test finds it, you can believe it.
Activating PCR test kits bought on the Oncologica website
Instructions sent on booking on the Oncologica website explain how to register and activate your PCR test kit in the online customer dashboard using the unique password sent to the booking contact and email address.
- The date and time the swab is taken must be entered in the online customer dashboard to enable lab processing.
- You can search for “User registration” or “Oncologica”, in your inbox or junk mail.
- Customers who have booked through a different provider will have been given a pin code by that provider, they should enter this to activate their kit.
- Activating your PCR test kit via mobile phone is not recommended, customers are advised to use google chrome on a laptop or desktop. The five boxes on the customer dashboard for activation should be filled with the date (day/month/year), and time (hour/minutes). This should be done in 24hr format.
Read more COVID FAQs